VICTVS is looking to recruit a confident and assertive individual in New Plymouth, New Zealand. Prospective applicants for the Exam Invigilator vacancy should be able to travel to Strandon, New Plymouth. Flexibility on Fridays is essential, as most sessions are held then. Ideally, applicants will be within one hour commute of the area. Travel expenses are not provided.
Please note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Examination sessions last for 5-8 hours and invigilators receive around 10 days’ notice on upcoming invigilator assignments. Due to the nature of this work, flexibility is required. Please note, this work is offered on a freelance or contractor basis and is not a full-time position.
Rates: $30 NZD per hour
Role Description: All training for exam invigilators will be delivered online and remotely. The successful applicant will oversee professional, high-stakes examinations for adult candidates. They will oversee and supervise candidates during written examinations. The role requires that all procedures and instructions are followed, in order to protect the integrity and security of the examinations and examination materials.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of assessment room and examination materials
• Recording and checking candidate identification
• Distributing the examination materials
• Completing examination and candidate documentation
• Receiving and returning examination materials
• Communicating the examination process and instructions to all candidates
• Ensure examinations are carried out in accordance with our specified instructions and standards
• Sincere, honest and reliable
• High level of professional and personal integrity
• Able to establish trust and confidence
• Respect and use discretion
• Good judgement
• Accuracy / attention to detail
• Flexible attitude to work
• Good communication skills
• Computer literate
• Work on their own initiative
• Able to communicate confidently, effectively and professionally
• Able to demonstrate good organisational and administrative skills
• Private email address
• Access to a secure computer with reliable internet connection
• Follows instructions confidentially
• Punctual / good time management
None required, however experience as an invigilator or equivalent is preferred.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. Selected candidates will be contacted by a member of our team with further instructions on how to complete your application. You can also apply through our advertisement on the Indeed website.
If you are selected, you will be required to complete basic training before you are approved to invigilate at our examinations. Our interview and training process can take up to three hours to complete.
*Please note that this position is not basic examination invigilation. This work requires considerable commitment to both initial training and ongoing professional development as well as requiring a good level of English language ability.
At VICTVS Global we will work with you to ensure that you are well prepared to deliver the services required of you but it is essential that you are aware of the requirement for training and approval, before you submit your application.
Reference ID: LS2020NZ
Expected start date: October 2020
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $30 NZD per hour
Closing Date: 16th September 2020