VICTVS is looking to recruit Exam Invigilators in Glasgow. The working days will be 11th – 13th November 2020. IT skills are essential as the exams are computer-based.
Please note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The successful applicant will oversee professional, high-stakes examinations for adult candidates. Previous invigilation or exam supervision experience is preferable, although full training will be provided.
Working Hours: Examination sessions last between 8am – 5pm. The working dates are 11th – 13th November 2020.
Rates: £12.50 per hour.
To oversee and supervise candidates during written examinations. To ensure that all procedures and instructions are followed in order to protect the integrity and security of the examinations and examination materials.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of computer assessment room and examination material
- Warmly greeting and guiding candidates to the exam room
- Delivering examination instructions clearly and confidently
- Recording and checking candidate identification
- Preparing the exam software on candidate computers
- Resolving technical issues independently or by contacting VICTVS/ technical support line
- Completing examination and candidate documentation
- Recording candidate issues and events, for example, bathroom breaks via online system
- Receiving and returning examination materials
- Taking photos of exam materials and compiling an exam report
- Communicating the examination process to all candidates
- Ensure examinations are carried out in accordance with our specified instructions and standards
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Sincere, honest, reliable
- High level of professional and personal integrity
- Able to establish trust and confidence
- Respect and use discretion
- Good judgement
- Accuracy / attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to work
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate confidently, effectively and professionally
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and administrate skills
- Work on their own initiative
- Private address and access to a secure computer with reliable internet connection
- Follows instructions confidentially
- Punctual / good time management
None required however experience invigilating or equivalent is preferred.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a short covering letter to us at email@example.com.
Selected candidates will be contacted by a member of our team with further instructions on how to complete your application.
If you are selected, you will be required to complete basic training before you are approved to invigilate at our examinations. Our interview and training process can take up to three hours to complete.
Please note that this position is not basic examination invigilation. This work requires considerable commitment to both initial training and ongoing professional development as well as requiring a good level of English language ability. For more information on the role of an invigilator, please click here.
At VICTVS we will work with you to ensure that you are well prepared to deliver the services required of you, but it is essential that you are aware of the requirement for training and approval, before you submit your application.
Reference ID: RT2020GL
Expected start date: 11th November 2020
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £12.50 per hour