VICTVS is looking to recruit exam invigilators in Lowestoft/ Great Yarmouth, UK. There will be occasional, ongoing work for this location. Candidates must be available for work mostly on Fridays. This will be in Lowestoft or Great Yarmouth. Travel to both locations will be necessary for this role. Flexibility around other commitments is preferred, as the work is offered on a casual basis. Travel expenses are not provided.
Strong computer-handling and customer-service skills are essential. Clear communication skills are necessary for this role. You must be able to travel to Lowestoft or Great Yarmouth within one hour.
Please note: Resumes submitted without a covering letter will not be accepted.
Examination sessions last for 5-8 hours and invigilators receive around 10 days’ notice on upcoming assignments. The working dates are usually Fridays, so flexibility is essential on this day. We expect this to be ongoing work, with exams held weekly across different centres.
Please note, this work is offered on a freelance or contractor basis and is not a full-time position.
Rates: £12.50 per hour
The successful applicant will oversee professional, high-stakes examinations for adult candidates. They will oversee and supervise candidates during written examinations. The role requires that all procedures and instructions are followed, in order to protect the integrity and security of the examinations and examination materials.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of assessment room and examination material
• Recording and checking candidate identification
• Distributing the examination materials
• Marking examination papers (if required)
• Completing examination and candidate documentation
• Recording candidate grades and results via online system
• Allow candidates to re-sit examinations if necessary
• Receiving and returning examination materials
• Communicating the examination process and instructions to all candidates
• Ensure examinations are carried out in accordance with our specified instructions and standards
• Sincere, honest and reliable
• High level of professional and personal integrity
• Able to establish trust and confidence
• Respect and use discretion
• Good judgement
• Accuracy / attention to detail
• Flexible attitude to work
• Good communication skills
• Computer literate
• Work on their own initiative
• Able to communicate confidently, effectively and professionally
• Able to demonstrate good organisational and administrative skills
• Private email address
• Access to a secure computer with reliable internet connection
• Follows instructions confidentially
• Punctual / good time management
None required, however experience invigilating or equivalent preferred
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a covering letter to us as soon as possible. Selected candidates will be contacted by a member of our team with further instructions on how to complete your application. If you are selected, you will be required to complete basic training before you are approved to invigilate at our examinations. Our interview and training process can take up to three hours to complete.
*Please note that this position is not basic examination invigilation. This work requires considerable commitment to both initial training and ongoing professional development as well as requiring a good level of English language ability.
At VICTVS we will work with you to ensure that you are well prepared to deliver the services required of you but it is essential that you are aware of the requirement for training and approval, before you submit your application.
Reference ID: LS2020GY
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £12.50 per hour