VICTVS is recruiting Exam Invigilators to supervise professional exams both online via our remote invigilation software and in-person at venues in the UK and overseas.
VICTVS is UK-based Ed-Tech company that specialises in the global delivery of high-stakes examination programmes. We work with awarding organisations in more than 160 countries, helping learners to access life-changing opportunities.
Please note: Resumes submitted without a covering letter will not be accepted.
Examination sessions typically last for between 3 and 5 hours. You may be able to work on multiple exam sessions in one day. Due to the nature of this work, we may require you to work weekends or anti-social hours.
Please note, this work is offered on a freelance or contractor basis and is not a full-time position.
Rates: £10.00 – £15.00 per hour
Successful applicants will oversee professional, high-stakes examinations for adult learners. You will monitor exam candidates in both online, and in-person examinations. Your role is to ensure that exams are conducted in strict adherence to procedures so that all candidates can sit their exams in a secure but supportive environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicating examination procedure to all candidates
- Delivering examination instructions clearly and confidently
- Recording and checking candidate identification
- Resolving technical issues independently or by contacting VICTVS technical support
- Completing examination and candidate documentation
- Recording candidate attendance
- Reporting problems including misconduct
- Sincere, honest and reliable
- High level of professionalism and personal integrity
- Able to build rapport with learners to establish trust and confidence
- Respectful with total discretion
- Good judgement
To be considered for invigilation of online exams, you will require:
- A laptop or desktop PC in good working condition
- Reliable microphone and either speakers or headphones. (We recommend the use of a headset)
- A good-quality webcam
- A quiet, well-lit and suitably presented workspace that can be used as a backdrop for the examinations.
- Accuracy / attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to work
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Able to communicate confidently, effectively and professionally
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and administrative skills
- Private email address
- Access to a secure computer with reliable internet connection
- Follows instructions confidentially
- Punctual / good time management
Prior invigilation experience is not required.
If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete comprehensive training before you are approved to invigilate examinations on behalf of VICTVS. The training process can take up to three hours to complete.
How To Apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be contacted by a member of our team with further instructions on how to complete their application.
Please note: CVs submitted without a covering letter will not be accepted.
At VICTVS we will work with you to ensure that you are well prepared to deliver the services required of you, but it is essential that you are aware of the requirement for training and approval before you submit your application.
Please note: This work is offered on a part-time, freelance or contractor basis and is not a full-time position.
Reference ID: NP2021UK
Expected start date: March 2021
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £10.00 – £15.00 per hour